Led by: Dr. Christina Rosen, LPCS, LCAS, ICADC, NCC, CCS
Clinical Field Experience Coordinator
Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program
Human & Psychological Counseling Department
Reich College of Education,
151 College Street
Boone, NC 28608-2075
Dates and Times
Wednesday, June 28th, 2017: 8:00am-6:00pm
Thursday, June 29th, 2017: 8:00am-9:00pm
Friday, June 30th, 2017: 8:00am-9:00pm
Saturday, July 1st, 2017: 8:00am-9:00pm
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017: 8:00am-5:00pm
Contact Hour Fees: Professionals
Full institute (45 Contact Hours): $350
Single day (7-10 Contact Hours): $90
Evening sessions only (2-3 Contact Hours): $45
Payment will be received on site.
*Registration deadline: June 21st, 2017
Program Content This Program Will Cover:
- Models and process of supervision
- Assessment and evaluation in supervision
- Multicultural considerations and diversity in supervision
- Legal and ethical issues of supervision
- To train participants in clinical supervision
1) be able to identify models and processes of supervision
2) be knowledgeable of the assessment and evaluation process as a supervisor
3) understand the importance of multicultural and diversity considerations in supervisees
4) apply the legal and ethical codes related to supervision
This training will consist of lecture, case presentations, role-play and peer evaluations of participants video tapes.
Registration for the 2017 Clinical Supervision and Consultation Institute is officially open. In order to register, visit www.csci.appstate.edu, click on the “Registration” tab at the top left on the home page, and click on the “Online Registration” link on the top right corner to fill out the electronic registration form. We look forward to seeing you there!
*For more information contact Caroline Van Nort, Graduate Assistant for Dr. Rosen (firstname.lastname@example.org), or visit our website at http://csci.appstate.edu for more details about the institute schedule, hotel accommodations, and the registration process.
The ASU Counseling Department (HPC) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 3001. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The ASU Counseling Department (HPC) is solely responsible for all aspects of this program. This program has been approved by NBCC for up to 45 contact hours.
Hello NCCA members!
Fri, Nov 18, 2016 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Standard TimePlease join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States +1 (646) 749-3122
Access Code: 678-212-557
Click here for the Event Flyer!
The board and members of ACAC (Child & Adolescent Counseling) hope that you will join us July 20-21, 2017 in Arlington, VA for our first conference. We’ll have diverse offerings, but the conference theme is “Trauma in Child and Adolescent Counseling.”
Red Cross needs Disaster Mental Health assistance and anyone with 9 days to spare, please read the flier. Rivers in the eastern part of the state have yet to crest. North Carolina got harder hit than other southeastern states, which is where many of the DMH personnel were sent, so there is a need for DMH personnel. From my reading of the request, you can help out even if you have not yet taken the Red Cross DMH training. LPCs have been trained in DMH as part of their masters level training. There is a need, so if you can, please help and contact the Red Cross as described in the flier.
John A. Shuford
Executive Director LPCANC
17th Annual Clinical Hypnosis Workshops for Health Care Professionals: Enhancing Possibilities for Healing.
Basic Track will be Friday, November 4th – Sunday, November 6th, 2016.
Early registration is open with a discounted registration rate until October 14th.
This workshop is offered by Medical Hypnosis Consultants, PLLC and supported by Duke Center for Integrative Medicine, UNC Program for Integrative Medicine, and the North Carolina Counseling Association. This workshops have been approved by ASCH for 20 continuing education hours each towards the requirements for certification. The 17th Annual Clinical Hypnosis Workshop for Health Care Professionals- Basic Track Training has been approved by NBCC for NBCC credit. Medical Hypnosis Consultants, PLLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC Approval No. SP 2738.
There are some student scholarships available, (contact Dr. Holly Forester-Miller, HFM@WCIconsultants.org for more information) as well as reduced rates for students.
The NCCA takes a firm stance against House Bill 2.
“We stand with the others who have expressed their opposition to our state government discriminating against the transgender population. As counselors, we believe people have a right to live, support their families and be prosperous, without fear of harassment, loss of job, or death. Citizens of North Carolina need to be supported by their government, the elected officials they voted into office. They need their officials to put laws in place that support the right to live, support their families, and be prosperous, not destroy it.” -Angela Brooks-Livingston, NCCA President
The full response to HB2 may be viewed here:
The NCCA needs your help!
We need leadership for our Graduate Student division! This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in your professional organization. If you are interested in growing this division and getting involved with NCCA, please email me directly.
We have several positions in our division that need filling ASAP! As a division leader, we will provide you with contact hours for licensure renewal. There are some exciting things happening with NCCA and being a division leader is a direct way to be involved. If you are interested in any of the positions listed below, please contact me directly.
NC Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
NC Addiction and Offenders Counselor Association
NC Association of Marriage and Family Counselors
NC Association for Specialists in Group Work
Assistant Director of Career Services
William Peace University, a vibrant and diverse independent institution in Raleigh, NC, seeks applicants for a full-time Assistant Director of Career Services. The Assistant Director of Career Services supports the mission of the Career Services Department to provide comprehensive career development programming and counseling to first year students through alumnae. The Assistant Director will coordinate the required internship program for the university. She/he will work on a small, results-oriented team to enhance student’s professional growth, employment success and life-long career development. WPU is under the new leadership of Dr. Brian C. Ralph, who assumed office in August, 2015. The institution is in a season of exciting change and will be undertaking a comprehensive strategic planning process in 2016.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counsel students and alumnae on career issues; administers and interprets career and personality assessments. Assists students to understand their abilities, talents, interests, and personality characteristics in order to develop realistic academic and career options.
- Plans, schedules and delivers presentations on career development and job search skills (resume writing, interviewing, networking, etc.) in group and/or classroom settings.
- Coordinates the internship program. Prepare students for internship search, promote and advertise internship program to employers, develop new internship sites relevant to student’s major, skill and geographic interests. Assist with the evaluation of the college-wide required internship program.
- Assists the Director with employer development. Provides outreach to employers and community representatives to connect students and alumni with potential employers and develops partnerships with employers.
- Coordinates and participates in career fairs, on campus recruiting and similar activities to facilitate the job placement of students.
- Compiles, studies and reports occupational, educational, and economic information to aid students in implementing career and educational goals and making informed career decisions.
- Oversees materials in career resource library; make recommendations for purchase of books, software, and other relevant publications.
- Provides career development information and presentations to alumnae, college boards, parents and faculty when requested.
- Assist with the management and the updating of a web based Internship and Job Search database system.
- Assist with updating the Career Services web site content for prospective students, current students, alumnae, employers and parents.
- Represents the college at community and/or business meetings to promote existing and new programs and job/internship opportunities for students.
- Works with faculty to promote career development models, activities and workshops integrated in courses where and when appropriate. Establishes rapport with assigned faculty to provide appropriate, challenging and meaningful internship sites that enhance the subject area knowledge in an experiential education setting.
- Participates in professional development associations and organizations to remain current in field of career counseling and labor market information.
- May supervise student workers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- MA/MS/M.Ed or related degree
- 1-3 years experience working with college students
- 1-3 years experience in a business or non-profit setting
The preferred but not required qualifications for this position are:
- Experience in Internship, Cooperative Education or employer relations in higher education setting
- Certifications and licensing in counseling, career counseling preferred. Career Development Facilitator certification accepted
Please submit the following information to STF000116@gmail.com , our preferred means of accepting applications and reference ADCS081916:
- Cover letter, resume/CV, contact information for three professional references
- Copies of the appropriate licenses, certificates, and/or registrations
Job Posting Date: Friday, August 19, 2016
Deadline for Submission: Friday, September 2, 2016 5:00 PM