NC Association for Adult Development and Aging
The North Carolina Association for Adult Development and Aging provides leadership to counselors and other service providers in the helping professions on matters related to adults across the lifespan from those just emerging to those in their final stages.
Members can share information, participate in advocacy, expand their professional development and address counseling concerns related to adult development and aging.
Saturday, November 7, 2020
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
1.5 CEUs available
FREE for NCCA members, $15.00 for non-members
Abstract: Aging under normal circumstances is often difficult. The year ‘2020’ has been one of the most difficult years for generations. Aging adults are faced with many unique challenges during the current climate. The webinar will visit concepts of well and aging. We will process through challenges clients and counselors face during this unprecedented time.
- Participants will become familiar with the developing concepts of aging.
- Participants will be able to define identity development throughout lifespan.
- Participants will become familiar with the developing concepts of intersectionality.
- Participants will expand their understanding of wellness models for counseling.
- Participants will be able to identify characteristics of aging adults and apply wellness perspectives.
- Participants will explore their beliefs regarding aging adult populations.
Presenter: John Nance, PhD, LCMHC-S, NCC
John Nance, Ph.D. LCMHC-S, is current NCCA President, ACA’s AADA President-elect, former Chair of ACA’s Human Rights Committee, Past-president of SCCA. He also served on the ACA President’s task force addressing LGBTQ counseling considerations across lifespan. He is a clinical assistant professor at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Dr. Nance has been in private practice for 17 years and has worked at the university level for the past 13 years. He received both his M.A. and Ph.D. from UNCC. He works with advocacy projects focusing in many areas and consults with nonprofit agencies facilitating staff group processes.
President: Lydia Smith
Vice President/Treasurer: Rose Aucoin