Greetings to AGLBICNC members and interested parties!
AGLBICNC is a division of NCCA designed to provide information, resources and advocacy for the LGBTQ individuals we serve. This is a community of counselors, students and other professionals dedicated to increasing awareness of LGBTQ issues and advocate for our LGBTQ clients. If interested in becoming more involved with the chapter, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your interest!
President: Michael Spivey
Secretary/Treasurer: Dr. Pam Lassiter
The Mission of AGLBICNC:
- To promote a greater understanding of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered issues among members of the counseling professions.
- To improve standards and delivery of counseling services provided to gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered people.
- To identify and work to eliminate conditions which create barriers to the individual development of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered people.
- To develop, implement, and/or foster interest in charitable, scientific, and educational programs designed to further the interests of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered people.
- To secure equality of treatment, advancement, qualifications, and status of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered people in counseling and development work.
- To publish scientific, educational, and professional materials with the purpose of raising the standards of all who work in counseling regarding these issues.
- To facilitate a broader awareness of issues in counseling gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered people among the helping professions.
Goals for 2013-2014
- Change the name of the AGLBICNC division to NCALGBTIC
- Create a statewide list of resources for LGBTQ individuals
- Upload a minimum of 1 webinar during this term that focuses on LGBTQ individuals available to the members of the division.
- Develop an archive of presentation materials focused on LGBTQ issues from past NCCA conferences, accessible only to members.
- Co-sponsor UNC-Charlotte’s annual Bob Barret Distinguished Lecture Series
Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues in Counseling (ALGBTIC)
American Counseling Association (ACA)