I am excited to serve as President of the North Carolina Counseling Association for the 2017-2018 year. I come into this role following an important legacy of leadership, commitment, and passion for the counseling profession. I am thrilled to begin and will work diligently to serve you, our members, and the counseling profession.
As we begin this 2017-2018 year with NCCA, I want to encourage you to become a member if you have not already done so. For our members, I want to ask that you invite colleagues and students who are not NCCA members to join. Membership with NCCA is an essential part of maintaining a strong counseling identity and commitment to the profession. During these challenging economic times, NCCA is committed to offering you reasonable membership and annual conference rates so that you can stay connected, earn continuing education, maintain your professional identity, all at a reasonable cost.
Remember, NCCA membership benefits include:
- Expanding your professional and social network
- Offering professional development and continuing education credits at our annual conference, division workshops and events, and co-sponsored events
- Linking you to information through the North Carolina Counseling Journal, Carolina Counselor Newsletter, and social media platforms:
- Instagram: nc_counselors
- Website: https://nccounselingassociation.org/
- Increasing visibility and unification of the counseling profession through advocacy, education, and professional development and enhancing your professional identity through membership in your passion or work setting divisions
- Lobbying efforts through the support of NCCA and ACA to advocate and support your professional role
- Career Bank with listing of open counseling positions
We have an exciting year ahead – I look forward to serving you our members, and representing North Carolina counselors!