The Multicultural Play Therapy Center at UNC Charlotte is pleased to announce its 8th annual conference from June 23-26, 2014 at UNC Charlotte.
This event targets mental health therapists, K-12 counselors, and professional school counselors for development in play therapy skills. This year’s presentations include:
- Monday, June 23: Animal Assisted Play Therapy: The Power of Relationship, Play, and the Human-Animal Bond by Dr. Van Fleet
- Tuesday, June 24: Filial Therapy: Effective, Play-Based Help for Families with Complex Needs by Dr. Van Fleet
- Wednesday, June 25: Play Therapy with Children of Fury: Theory and Interventions by Dr. David Crenshaw
- Thursday, June 26 : Using Child-Centered Group Play Therapy to Impact Social and Behavioral Impairments by Dr. Theresa Kascsak
- Thursday, June 26: Using Expressive Arts in Play Therapy Supervision by Drs. Peggy Ceballos and Phyllis Post
Continuing Education: You will receive 6 CEUs for each day of the 4-day conference (APT Approved Provider #07-191; NBCC Approved Provider #4208), including 6 CEUs in supervision for Thursday’s supervision workshop. In addition, the Department of Social Work will provide CEUs to social work professionals for this event.
If you need information about this conference, email Dr. Phyllis Post, UNC Charlotte Department of Counseling, or call her at: (704) 687-8961.
For financial questions or inquiries regarding registration, please email Ms. Jennifer Townsend, Administrative Assistant, or call at (704) 687-8998.
To register and for further information please visit http://oeo.uncc.edu/playtherapy